Renovate America, Inc is an American provider of of financial solutions for homes and communities based in San Diego, CA. Renovate America was founded in 2008.
Renovate America is on a mission to help homeowners across the country make their homes more beautiful, comfortable, and efficient by offering innovative financing solutions like HERO and Benji.
Renovate America offers two different home improvement financing options for homeowners:
HERO offers an innovative financing solution for home efficiency upgrades, with payments made along with your property taxes.
Benji offers simple, flexible financing for almost any home improvement, with competitive rates, flexible plans, and special financing options.
- Loan Type: Secured (PACE)
- APR: 6.75% – 8.35%
- Available Term Lengths: 5 – 25 years
Typical HERO Requirements: (may vary for each individual)
- Applicant(s) must be the owner(s) of record for the property
- Mortgage-related debt on the property must not exceed 90% of the value of the property
- Current on property taxes and no more than one late payment in the past three years
- Current on all mortgages of subject property and no more than one reported late payment in the past 12 months
- No bankruptcies within the past two years, and the property must not be an asset in any bankruptcy proceeding
- No involuntary liens on the property in excess of $1,000 (e.g. federal or state income tax liens, judgment liens, mechanic’s liens)
- $5,000 minimum financing; maximum financing is 15% of property value
- Loan Type: Unsecures
- APR: 6.99% – 9.99%
- Available Term Lengths: 5-10 years
- No interest, no payment special financing plans available1
Typical BENJI Requirements: (may vary for each individual)
- Loan Amount between $2,000 and $50,000
- Minimum FICO Score of 600
1No payments are required during the promotional period following project completion. Thereafter, substantially equal monthly payments are required for the remainder of the financing term until the unpaid balance of the amount financed is paid in full. Interest will accrue during the promotional period, but will be waived if the amount financed is paid in full prior to the expiration of the promotional period.
Is Renovate America Right for You
Renovate America is a leader in PV solar financing, but is financing through Renovate America right for you?
Contact your local Uptown Energy Solutions consultant and they’ll help you identify what solar modules your local installers are offering, what inverter each recommends your modules be paired with, and what they would charge to have the whole system installed now.
On top of that, your UES Solar Energy Savings expert will do a full design analysis of each installer’s proposed system, compare its expected production with it’s quoted costs, and determine which will give you the most “bang for your buck”, all as part of your Gold Standard Solar Investment Strategy.
Ready to get started?
Contact us today for a no nonsense approach to your solar investment, and let us help you Maximize your Solar ROI.
Last Updated August 23, 2017
Questions, comments, or corrections? Feel free to contact us.